What Will Your Gift Accomplish?
Your support of Nashville State students helps us change lives each and every day! The NSCC Foundation is currently focused on four key giving areas that are critical to enriching and preserving what Nashville State can offer in support of students.
Your gift to the Foundation’s Impact Fund supports students in the most direct way possible. Your generosity in this giving area helps us meet emerging needs, provides funding for activities that enrich the student experience, offers relief to students in times of crisis, funds professional development opportunities for faculty so that our students are always learning the latest and greatest in their fields of study, and so much more.
The Foundation manages a number of scholarships for Nashville State students, many of which provide vital financial support to students that might not otherwise have the option of attending college. While Tennessee Promise has proven to be an invaluable resource for graduating high school seniors, many individuals do not qualify for Tennessee Promise funds due to age. For more information about the established scholarships managed by the Foundation, please click here. To learn more about establishing a new scholarship, please contact Michelle Joyner or give us a call at (615) 353-3222.
Departmental and Program Support
Simply put, public funding for higher education is limited in Tennessee. As a community college, we are constantly striving to provide educational resources and opportunities that are on par with those found at any of our neighboring four-year colleges and universities. Your support of a particular department or program allows faculty to expand the College’s educational amenities and improve the experiences of Nashville State students in the classroom and beyond.
Beyond Financial Aid
Financial aid in the form of tuition assistance for low to moderate-income students helps open the door to higher education, but the added costs of books, supplies, transportation, and child care – which are often overlooked – can add up quickly. All too often, these expenses become so overwhelming that students cannot continue their studies. Gifts to Beyond Financial Aid, the Foundation’s newest giving area, will help provide additional financial and community resources for students in need who may be on the verge of dropping out.
Ever Wonder If Your Gift Can Really Help?
The short answer is YES!
- $10 can help a first-generation college student with school supplies
- $60 ($5/month) can fund the application fee for a student to compete in the ADDYs or to be inducted into the Tau Alpha Pi engineering honor society
- $120 ($10/month) can provide a grocery gift card for a student distracted by her family’s food shortage
- $240 ($20/month) can cover the cost of a knife set and uniform for a culinary arts student
- $600 ($50/month) can cover the cost of a student’s textbooks for one semester
- $1,200 ($100/month) can provide healthcare lab supplies and training equipment
- $2,500 can fund a year of adult scholarship assistance for a student that is outside the age guidelines for Tennessee Promise
- $5,000 can fund a performance in the College’s Guest Artist Series so students can learn from world-class musicians
- $7,500 can purchase 50 graphing calculators and establish a technology lending library for NSCC students
- $50,000 endows a scholarship in perpetuity for future students