Beyond Financial Aid — WHY?
- Tennessee Promise and Tennessee Reconnect are last-dollar tuition programs. Tuition Assistance will still not secure textbooks or reliable transportation for students at Nashville State.
- Students stand no chance of graduating from college if they cannot pay for their textbooks or reliable transportation to get to class
- The Helping Hand Fund provides students with immediate, short-term assistance to keep students from dropping out of school in times of crisis. This includes support in book store credit, grocery/gas gift cards, and more.
- Tennessee Promise and Tennessee Reconnect can get students to college, but Beyond Financial Aid with NSCCF can get students through college to graduation.
Beyond Financial Aid Initiatives and Fundraising Goals
- $50,000 funds a pilot program to provide MTA bus passes to 100 students for 2 semesters.
- Funding this pilot program allows NSCCF to gather student success data for a larger funded program which could be expanded to every student at Nashville State.
- $25,000 supplements the current textbook assistance endowed fund to ensure that each of Nashville State’s nearly 9,000 students have access to the resources they need at each campus.
- Helping Hand Fund
- $25,000 supplements and replenishes the existing fund (established by Walmart grant).
- The Helping Hand Fund, which is not widely advertised at this time, can be expanded to students at satellite campuses outside of the NSCC main campus.